Here are the major actions taken by the Board at the meeting:
- Reviewed an audit of developer expenditures and authorized reimbursement to Harborwalk L.P. of approximately $1.2 million from bond proceeds. This reimbursed Harborwalk L.P. for the cost of construction of water and wastewater lines in Harborwalk Section 6 and a portion of the cost of bulkheads in Harborwalk Section 6.
- Approved a budget for fiscal year ending March 31, 2021 prepared by Director Andries and the bookkeeper. This budget provides for more funds for maintenance and project expenses and less for administrative expenses. It is based on key assumptions and subject to change.
- At the request of the POA, approved the purchase and installation of surveillance signs on each canal.
- Voted against granting any tax exemptions for the 2020 tax year. This item is considered annually.
- Voted for a 20% penalty on taxes outstanding on August 1, 2020. This money pays for the collection of the taxes. This item is considered annually.
- Renewed District insurance with Texas Municipal League, an insurance pool for Texas local governments.
- Discussed using $13,500 for erosion projects.
- Set next meeting date on Friday, April 17, 2020 at 10:30 a.m.
- Excerpts from draft minutes—not approved by the Board
- Jane McKenzie to meet with Hitchcock PD to see the appropriate wording for the surveillance signs.
Engineer to do the following:
- Finalize arrangements with contractor to place fill at approximately 20 locations in the District, to begin immediately.
- Arrange a meeting with Galveston Bay Foundation on a possible oyster reef project to help shelter the main channel from shifting silt. Jane McKenzie, Michael Vigneault and Ben Carmine interested in attending.
- Purchase no wake signs and have installed on the south channel.
- Finalize a pictorial on bulkhead repair priority categories.
- Finalize Maintenance Services Agreement and solicit interest.
- Purchase surveillance signs and have installed on the channels.